Welcome to C.A.S.IT. Welcome to Italy.
In 1995, Centro Attività Scolastiche Italiane (C.A.S.IT., Inc.), as proposed by the Italian Consulate General in Boston, was formed as a non-profit educational and professional organization, for the promotion of Italian language and culture in the public and private schools of New England.
Our Mission is to assist communities that wish to introduce, preserve, rejuvenate or broaden the study of the Italian language in their schools. CASIT offers grants of varying amounts for the establishment of Italian language and cultural programs with the ultimate purpose to institute Italian as a subject in the school curriculum.
Italian AP Workshop
Saturday, August 29th, 2pm-6pm, @ Ufficio CASIT
Corso gratuito per i docenti sull'esame AP
Presenter: Bruna Boyle
||Come! Learn! Play!
2nd Annual Casino Night Fundraiser
November 6, 2015 7:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
Come join us for a real casino experience where you will play at tables of Roulette, Black Jack and Texas Hold’em Poker and learn how to help us achieve our mission of assisting communities that wish to introduce, preserve, rejuvenate or broaden the study of the Italian language in their schools
• Guests will be give Casino Cash, delicious food and cash bar
• Fabulous Raffle and Auction Items
• Live Entertainment
Spinelli’s Function Facility
10 Newbury Street – Peabody, MA 01960
Tickets: $75.00 per person and can be purchased at: www.casit.org
Sponsorship Opportunities Available. Please contact Adelaide Guarracino at: firstname.lastname@example.org
||Viva l’Italia! Benvenuti!
Support Italian Language studies in your schools by joining us for some enriching, entertaining and fun events!
Friends are invited to enjoy monthly screenings of Italian films. Movie Nights are free, start at 7:00 p.m. sharp and light refreshments and snacks are served.
The CASIT Italian Book Club will be dedicated to the fiction and non-fiction works of Italian-American writers who focus on Italian-American issues, themes, and history, as well as to authentic Italian works available in CASIT’s library. A literary work will be chosen for each month and the club will meet monthly to discuss the suggested reading.
37 Water Street – Unit # 4 – Wakefield, MA 01880
Plenty of free parking in rear of building.
Donations are welcome! Grazie mille!
Italian Heritage Contest Awards:
1. Carolina, Audrey, and Antonio: Milano. Eliot School, Boston. Teacher: Rosemarie Grasso-Caracciola.
2. Mrs. Notaro’s 5th grade class: Viaggio a Pompeii. McGlynn Elementary School, Medford. Teacher: Laura Odoguardi.
1. Rachel Dakermanji, Abby Czwakiel, and Karina Landry: Viaggiare in Italia. (7th grade, Madeleine Dugger) Andrews Middle School, Medford. Teacher: Adriana Thomas.
2. Joseph Scioli, 8th grade: Trip to Rome. Wilmington Middle School. Teacher: Katia DeStefano.
High School Levels 1-3:
1. Miya Fieleke, Italian 3H: Possiamo andare a Roma. Winchester High School. Teacher: Abbey Mathews.
Zoe Miller and Tiana Pignone, Italian 2H: Ho vinto un viaggio in Italia. Stoneham High School. Teacher: Teresa Soccio.
Natalie Maldonado, Italian 1. La mia settimana in Italia. Revere High School. Teacher: Joanne LaPolla.
High School Levels 4-5AP:
1. Alison Rowley and Jude Macannuco, Italian 5: Il nostro viaggio in Italia. Winchester High School, Teacher: Tanya Ferretto
2. Gislane Braga, Rachel Garland, and Kayla Brum, Italian 4: Andiamo a Firenze. Medford High School. Teacher: Rita DiCarlo.
1. Morgan Lopez and Sofia Cucinatti, Italian 2: The amazing trip to Venice. Winchester High School. Teacher: Abbey Mathews.
The Italian Ministry of Foreign affairs, through the Consulate General of Italy of Boston, provides partial incentive funds for Italian Instruction in New England elementary, middle and high schools. CASIT, an “ente gestore” (managing entity) for the Italian Ministry, receives and administers the grants and funds. If your school/district is interested in starting or continuing an Italian program, please contact our office or download the Enrollment Form and follow the instructions for grant requests. Learn more